SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you'll make an impact
As an Analytics Engineer, you will help build, maintain, and scale SonderMind’s analytics data models and platform. Our analytics platform allows the organization to see a holistic view of the business from disparate data sources, enabling fast insights and driving product decisions.
Success looks like
- Making meaningful contributions to our team’s long-term roadmap and strategy, scoping and leading projects and helping balance proactive and reactive workstreams
- Owning a subset of our core data models end to end, from raw data ingestion via Fivetran to backend Looker data structures
- Managing data projects from start to finish: we don’t just build new datasets, we collaborate cross-team to provide input on data structure, identify edge cases, write data quality tests, and document business logic
What you'll do
- Design and build scalable, performant, and user-friendly data models in dbt that drive business insights and product decisions
- Leverage software development best practices to deliver documented, tested, and code-reviewed data products
- Iterate on our Looker backend to improve usability and minimize user error
- Collaborate with analysts, data scientists, engineers, product managers, and stakeholders to integrate new product features and data sources into Snowflake
- Contribute to the Analytics Engineering team’s roadmap and drive forward our vision for SonderMind’s analytics platform
What you'll bring with you
- 3+ years of experience as an Analytics Engineer and/or Data Analyst
- Experience working with Snowflake, Looker, and dbt
- Advanced SQL skills
- Understanding of data modeling best practices and data structure tradeoffs
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. computer science, mathematics, finance)
- Experience with compliance-based data privacy
- Healthcare industry experience
What we value
- Transparency: We say what we mean and mean what we say
- Bucketworthiness: We can be relied upon to not let our bucket leak
- Ownership: We take initiative to act before being asked
- Courage: We move fast, take calculated risks and (sometimes) fail
- Empathy: We treat others with respect and assume their best intentions
- Passion: We loosely hold strong opinions, debate and then commit forcefully
The anticipated salary range for this role is $80,000- $100,000. This role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive plan. Actual compensation is based commensurate with qualifications and experience.
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind.
Our benefits include:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with plans to meet your needs including HSA and FSA options.
- A flexible PTO policy, 8 company paid holidays, company shutdown last week of the year
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.