Mintel is an international leader in providing consumer market research and competitive intelligence tools as well as in delivering customized consulting solutions to top-tier organizations. With its Legal Department based in the US headquarters in Chicago’s Loop, the department embraces a hybrid working environment and now seeks a bilingual Paralegal.
This position contributes to our success by fulfilling the roles of craftsman and administrator. As a craftsman, you will relish the detail in and production of your timely written work, take pride in your creative solutions that resolve contractual issues while protecting Mintel’s critical interests, and satisfy your conscientious bent by making recommendations based on research and analysis. As an administrator, you will win the confidence of colleagues with competent management of contract and trademark registration portfolios, including prompt escalations to and follow up with decision-makers, documenting status and progress, and effective, regular communication about the status and progress of those portfolios.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Preparing, reviewing, negotiating, and processing legal documents, including license agreements, MSAs, NDAs, and sundry other commercial arrangements, within defined parameters
- Communicating with various intra-company departments and external contacts (including customer procurement and legal counsel) to clarify and resolve contract issues
- Project-managing contractual matters in Salesforce.com environment
- Composing model contract clauses and policies
- Maintaining databases of contract forms and trademark registrations, maintaining department file systems, and preparing and issuing reports
- Performing research projects associated with commercial arrangements and intellectual property
- Coaching paralegal interns
We Look for These Qualifications in the Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Spanish
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in procurement, corporate, or law firm setting
- Works well in document intensive and time sensitive environment
- Takes initiative to identify, evangelize, and systematize new efficiencies
- Collaborative, but drives toward results
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and exemplary work ethic
- Experience with e-commerce, privacy, and intellectual property a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Ironclad contract lifecycle management system a plus
- Portuguese language skills a plus
- Paralegal certificate from ABA-accredited program a plus
- MS Office skills (Word and Excel required; PowerPoint a plus)
We Look for People Who Are:
- Client-obsessed: You are passionate about client service and you are driven to help your internal and external clients resolve problems.
- People Smart: You are able to easily adapt to different personalities and levels within an organization.
- Naturally curious: You are naturally curious.
- Humble: You are humble, yet confident. You willingly admit when you need help, and you know how and when to utilize the resources and people around you. You are also willing to share your own knowledge for the benefit of the team.
- Self-Directed: You take initiative to solve problems and uncover opportunities.
- Great communicator: You have extremely polished verbal and written communication skills, and can adapt your communication style to suit each client and internal business partner.
- Tech-savvy: You are able to find creative ways to help clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets