We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 4 million users and plan to double that number each year...which is where you come in.
What’s the role all about?
Every person at Cleo cares about building a product customers love and scaling it to millions of people. To build this we need to know our customers and data inside out, in a way that spurs the whole company to action.
You will be working in a central data team responsible for the setup and support of data workflows and tooling. Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the set-up and roll-out of new visualisation tools for business intelligence, user-behaviour mapping, and agile analysis
- Collaborating with engineering to enable improved front-end tracking to ensure event data is consistent and clean, powering analysis of end-to-end user journeys
- Defining best practices to ensure tools run smoothly and are utilised in the best possible way
- Setting up monitoring and automation to ensure team members follow best practices and optimise for scalability
- Building and maintaining a centralised data catalogue
- Co-ordinating training and knowledge-sharing initiatives to upskill company data literacy
- Creating and maintaining company KPI tracking, managing stakeholder requirements at the leadership level
You’ll also sit within the wider data function here at Cleo; a hotshot team of 25 Product Analysts, Analytic Engineers, and Data Scientists with significant industry experience that are at the heart of everything we do at Cleo. You’ll have the opportunity to work with them in building the data platform that is the engine of Cleo’s growth.
We are looking for a self-starter, focused on results, with a demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
- 4+ years experience doing quantitative analysis in a digital product environment
- Integrated and maintained new data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Looker, Mixpanel
- Established best practices on data quality, documentation, and governance
- Solid understanding of data modelling principles and tools such as dbt
- Highly proficient in writing analytical SQL
- Confident with git
- Highly motivated to work autonomously, with strong organisational and time management skills
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This position is a AX3 level and we can pay £65,004 - £83,376 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we’d love you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office. If you’re outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us a few times per year. And we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 401k matching in the US and 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- 2 months paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo!
- Early finish every Friday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Online courses & internal training to level up your skills
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK (but only until next year). If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available (just for a little while). Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future. Check out this page for more information. #LI-Hybrid