Director of Engineering – Data/Financial Platform
MediaMath is a leading global independent advertising technology company, working with brands and agencies. We created the first software for real-time media buying in 2007 and today work with over two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and more than 3,500 brands and their agency partners to grow and deepen direct customer relationships.
We have recently launched SOURCE by MediaMath which provides our clients with the most trusted, efficient, and effective way to connect their brands with consumers: real impressions on real media properties with policies and practices that respect the humans behind billions of screens and speakers every day.
We need talent like you to fuel this next-generation ecosystem.
MediaMath is seeking an experienced Director for the Measure/Data Platform team to help grow and develop the team that manages the large-scale data backbone for most of business. The focus will be on servicing the various data needs of the engineering org in an agile, efficient, and effective manner. This person will be responsible for driving this function by establishing the data best practices, and paradigms as well as implementations for the transfer, sharing and materialization of domain, schema, meta and config data through the org. This this an increasingly important team to MediaMath and this person will be required to manage the growth of this team. This high influence, high impact role will develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy. Through technical credibility, the right person will ensure our talented engineers have a solid understanding of and commitment to the overall strategy.
What you will do:
· Lead the development of Data/Financial Platform
· Define and execute a strategy to adapt/migrate/modernize our existing services and tooling to better meet our needs.
· Define and implement a service and execution focused platform
· Establish metrics and SLAs that match our engineering needs and execute a plan to meet those needs.
· Identify and Leverage available third-party software/services to achieve this teams goals.
· Lead best practices for new and existing data consumers/producers/reporters.
· Build out technologies and infrastructure that support the processes
· Manage a mix of onshore and outsourced engineers to implement and operate these services.
· Improve data consumer/producer product delivery times by addressing the common needs of these teams, including warehousing, views, caching of shared data.
· Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering
What you will need:
· STEM Bachelor’s degree
· 7+ years of developing and leading software projects that process and manage high volume, large scales data.
· 5+ years of managing engineering teams including distributed environments through a delivery-focused, data-driven, high visibility approach.
· Strong development history working with industry appropriate backend languages including Java, C++ and Golang.
· Experience with a variety of data technologies including relational databases, no-SQL databases, map/reduce, and stream/batch processing.
· Demonstrated establishment and proliferation of best practices for software development and data management.
· Deep knowledge of test automation frameworks, performance testing tools and successful application of those to testing scenarios
· Experience delivering business critical systems. Understanding the reporting/monitoring/alerting practices to ensure these systems meet their uptime SLAs.
· Experience driving the QA of cloud services and testing of distributed application environments and frameworks
· Experience with service-oriented design development paradigms; microservices, SOA, API, REST
· Hands-on automation proficiency in one or more languages (Python, Java, etc.); must be able to read code
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of working effectively with engineering and other functions
· An innate personal interest in technology
· Strong attention to detail and extremely well-organized
· Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
· Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to Engineering services, education, and support
· Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to work well with and enthusiastically influence teams & stakeholders
Want might help:
· Adtech experience – Prior experience with the scale and concepts while not necessary, will be valuable. MediaMath offers a strong inhouse industry curriculum through our Learning & Development programs.