Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Part-Time Pharmacist is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and assisting patients by preparing and dispensing medications; giving pharmacological information to the Retail staff; and monitoring patient drug therapies.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Conduct consultations with patients, reviewing current medical conditions along with medications, provide marijuana education, discuss the forms of consumption that are available in the store and make appropriate recommendations while adhering to state guidelines and regulations.
- Counsels patients and answers questions regarding usage of medicine, side effects, interactions, contraindications, patient information privacy, and refers to medical provider as needed to ensure medication is taken correctly, health needs addressed, and satisfaction with service procedures
- Displays a positive, problem-solving attitude while interacting with patients
- Serves as a role-model and resource for store staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Complies with state laws as regulated by the Pennsylvania medical marijuana program, maintain records; remove outdated and damaged drugs from the store inventory
- Continuous investment in learning about Goodblend and wholesale products
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- Must be a Registered Pharmacist in the state of Pennsylvania (B.S. or PharmD), with an active unrestricted license in good standing
- Must have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to learn and understand cannabinoids and how they interact with the human body
- Ability to work effectively with employees, management, and patients
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve moderate to complex problems
- Demonstrates flexibility and takes initiative with minimal direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- 1-3 years’ pharmacy experience
- Retail and/or cannabis industry experience
- Retail setting. Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time and perform computer processing operations
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted
- Able to stand on your feet for up to 8 hours
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- 401k enrollment
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.