The Senior HR Generalist leverages and improves HR processes to drive excellence and capability to deliver value for the organization. Partners with business leaders to resolve Employee Relations issues, ensuring appropriate actions are taken and conduct risk assessments. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation, applying sound ethical judgment, and people practices. Supports managing employee relations and leave management functions. Works with all key stakeholders, including the People Team, Business Line Leaders, and Legal, to build and maintain partnerships that foster trust and accountability. Assists with the design and implementation of HR policies, procedures, and HR services delivery to drive organizational performance, process improvement, and employee experience.
The annual pay range for this position is $79,092.00 - $118,638.00 depending on experience, skills, education, and internal equity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as an employee advocate handling escalated employee relations matters and leads timely, objective, and thorough internal ER investigations independently.
- Counsels, educates and guides business leaders through challenging conversations, including performance management, disciplinary actions, and involuntary terminations.
- Facilitates communication among employees and management by providing guidance and consultation regarding problem-solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance, and litigation avoidance and strives to resolve internal conflict informally through appropriate conflict management techniques.
- Champions HR programs and company-wide initiatives, such as employee engagement and recognition; provides support for HR activities (e.g., Wellbeing, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Culture Initiatives, etc.).
- Conducts consistent HR business partnership activities and develop communication strategies with designated business lines, representing the People Team.
- Assists with overseeing leave of absence administration, including ADA/disability Management/ADA Accommodations, interactive process, workers compensation, Affirmative Action Plan, Wellbeing & Safety, and HR Audits.
- Creates HR policies, provides HR policy guidance, interpretation, and excellent working knowledge of all HR services, e.g., benefits offerings, compensation, job descriptions, leaves of absence, workers compensation, wage & hour regulations, etc.
- Engages in survey administration and analytics, including employee engagement, mobility & retention, diversity data, and design and implementation of programs to improve our employee experience.
- Co-leads the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council and executes best practices in response to DEI initiatives.
- Contributes to process improvement and HR excellence strategies to further the Credit Union's vision and mission
- Interprets and keeps up to date with Federal and State employment regulations; analyzes develops and reviews policies, procedures, and employee handbooks to guide operational recommendations.
- Organizes and leads HR special projects, as a subject matter expert, in collaboration with business leaders and people team members.
- Confidently interacts with internal customers at all levels of the organization.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Five or more years HR Generalist with a working knowledge and experience with multiple human resource disciplines, including HR operations, employee relations, diversity, performance management, federal and CA employment laws.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred, or five years of equivalent experience and training in Human Resources.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, including significant experience leading and conducting internal ER investigations.
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP certification required, with an ongoing commitment of learning.
- Proficient knowledge of California Employment Law and practices required.
- HRIS proficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Must be highly proficient with advanced skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, mathematical skills, and sound ethical judgment.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.