Coordinate the softball instruction and on-field developmental programming for all softball members of the MLB Youth Academy
- Monitor all Academy softball coaches to ensure consistent and progressive softball instruction at all levels. Hitting, pitching, fielding, bunting, base running, and all instruction is to be given at the same level of that of the top collegiate programs
- Develop/oversee dynamic Academy travel team program for various aged softball members of the MLB Youth Academy
- Coordinate all on-field instruction and activities, and organize the schedule for softball instruction
- Facilitate and organize all coach and player clinics
- Assist the Academy Director in properly positioning players on a scouting chart/preferential list for special RBI, Jennie Finch Classic, BTS and EDI showcases/tournaments.
- Coach Academy teams in Academy related tournaments/leagues/events as necessary
- Assist the Academy Director with developing lists of players to be recommended to college recruiters and obtain information to assist scouts, and write player development plans and reports on all Academy prospects
- Serve as lead instructor during all Academy softball workouts unless otherwise delegated appropriately, and lead all applicable organizational meetings as necessary
- Prepare daily, monthly and yearly player development reports
- Perform related softball and administrative duties as required
Required education and experience
- Collegiate experience as a player, coach or instructor strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A demonstrated ability to schedule and organize softball workouts, camps, clinics, leagues, and tournaments
- Able to instruct all facets of softball
- Organized, efficient and exceptional communication (oral and written) skills
- Strong attention to detail with ability to meet deadlines
- A demonstrated ability to lead and work independently, take initiative and maintain composure under pressure
- Strong computer aptitude including MS Excel and Word
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) helpful
Travel – 25% local overnight travel expected around All Star and Spring Break events.
Per the pay transparency law, the hiring range for this position is $58,500-$65,000.
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, skills and any other factors Major League Baseball (MLB) considers relevant to the hiring decision. In addition to your salary, MLB believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package for its employees. MLB offers employees a full range of best in class benefits with no employee contributions towards medical, dental, and vision coverage premiums, as well as incentive and recognition programs, life insurance and automatic employer 401k contributions. All benefits are subject to eligibility requirements and the terms of official plan documents which may be modified or amended from time to time.
California Residents: Have you reviewed our CCPA policy?
California Consumer Privacy Act Policy