Magic Leap is looking for an exceptionally talented Art Director who possesses a strong sense of design, an eye for detail, and artistic abilities to create a wide variety of outstanding visuals. In particular, we’re looking for a well-rounded AD with extensive experience in creating video-based content.
In the role of Art Director at Magic Leap, your work will involve the delivery of high-end motion graphics videos for both internal and external brand partners, as well as furthering brand and marketing initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with the creative leadership team, have ownership of work from day one, and shape the way our brand comes to life in the world. You’ll be helping to deliver key communications for a leading augmented reality company.
With oversight from the Director of Brand & Marketing you’ll help bring the brand to life across web, campaigns, and social channels. You’re a designer and filmmaker, who’s unafraid to learn new ways to create a better future, faster — with an eye for detail and a feel for timing. You’ll help set and maintain the standard for video across the entire company, and support various departments in the creation of external communication, while having a direct influence over the interactive experiences on our platform. Additionally, you’ll collaborate and guide outside vendors of the highest caliber in the world.
Art directors play essential roles in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and they craft output, developing and delivering projects from the brief to end user and/or viewer. As an Art Director, you’ll provide leadership for the brand and marketing initiatives that you work on, create innovative concepts and push the idea through to the final outputs.
Creatives at Magic Leap apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight, creating and bringing to life beautiful ideas that move the world. At Magic Leap, we believe in the purposeful application of design and science to create meaningful ideas, products and functionality, through an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach. Magic Leap Creatives work in a multidisciplinary environment to fully realize labors of love that deliver meaningful results for partners, users, developers and fans.
- Responsible for setting the tone and creation of video content throughout the organization, eg; social media content, explainer videos, documentaries
- Create and manage original, persuasive and conceptually compelling work for campaigns, content and experiences, across a variety of mediums
- Possess not just exceptional art direction skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well.
- Lead by example, inspiring colleagues to pioneer new ideas that deliver successful solutions, results and campaigns
- Listen to and respond to briefs, and question where there are gaps
- Collaborate cross-functionally and with various teams within Magic Leap and with our partners
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking.
- Responsible for driving projects with some supervision, and managing and mentoring junior members of the team
- Be accountable for the project design deliverables and manage the quality of all design deliverables to ensure they meet Magic Leap standards for creative excellence
- 6+ years’ years as a designer. Ideal candidate will have extensive tech knowledge or previous experience working for a technology company/brand
- Experience at a fast-paced award winning design agency, motion graphics or production company, or on behalf of an established brand
- Experience in a fast paced agency environment is a plus
- Background with a varied portfolio consisting of photography, film, motion, and traditional design. Interactive work is a bonus
- A degree in Design, Interaction Design, Visual Studies or other design-related field preferred, but not required
- After Effects expert
- Highly familiar with cameras, lights and standard equipment
- Experience with 3D software (preferably C4D to integrate with team workflow)
- Strength in Figma
- A relentless drive to learn is essential
- Conceptual thinker
- Collaborative partner
- Clear communicator
- Strong leader
- Passionate about emerging technologies, film and motion techniques
- Confident in creating design, video and animation across a variety of mediums, particularly digital and social media.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about augmented reality technology
- Experience collaborating with designers, copywriters and producers
- Happy to work independently
- Proven creative success working in collaborative, multi-functional teams
- You have a breadth of design reference points and history
- You have a drive to break boundaries and craft the best ideas of their kind
- You are passionate, driven and obsessed about your craft and stay on top of best work in your field
- Experience with Unity and Unreal Engine, and Houdini is a major plus
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range