WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
The Sales & Service Associate works to achieve store sales goals by setting the standard of the Alo experiences & Brand Mission. Creating an authentic, organic experience of excellence for every guest through genuine connection, product education and educating customers about our community and culture. This individual is an expert in all facets of product knowledge, including features, benefits, fabric, usage, design, and care. The Guest Service Associate thrives working on a team and relishes a culture of feedback and excellence.
- Impacts the business and store environment in a positive manner aligning with store leadership and company goals.
- Drive and exceed sales goals by leading Alo’s initiatives, while optimizing productivity and efficiency
- Ensure engagement with customers and provide a friendly and easy to shop environment
- Continue to build the client relationship daily with our customers
- In partnership with the leadership team, Analyze reports in order to strategize and deliver results; support achieving action plans focusing on deficient areas and highlight growth opportunities
- Ensure effective sales floor coverage through the development of workforce solutions and leading selling initiatives throughout the store as needed.
- Knowledge of store goals, company communication, initiatives, new product launches and any additional information required by the Store Leadership Team; educate on guest-facing initiatives on the floor
- Confidently introduces all facets of the Alo business model (Retail, Yoga, Café) through personal testimony and knowledge of all aspects and details
- Leverages company tools, incentives, and strategies to support meeting store goal
- Resolve client needs quickly & effectively ensuring customer satisfaction
- Educates guests and staff on our product, community and culture
- Understand and protect the Daily schedule that prioritizes the best business strategy, in partnership with the Store Leadership
- Assists in processing shipment and ensuring product flow including but not limited to visual merchandising placement and daily replenishment excellence
- Ensure all front and back of house procedures are executed in accordance to the company Policy & Procedure
- Support other areas of the business, including Sales & Service and Cashier, as needed
- Preferred 1+ years prior work experience in a client-centric, sales environment
- Passion for customer service and delivering exceptional experiences
- High energy, upbeat and enthusiastic with the ability to integrate fun and work
- Self-motivated with a desire to achieve results and excel individually, and as a team
- Fosters genuine connection through empathy, compassion, integrity and building trusting relationships
- Seniority Level: Entry level
Part-Time non-exempt associates are expected to work up to 29 hours per week; Full-Time non-exempt associates are expected to work 32-40 hours per week with 100% of their work week spent on the sales floor. All employees' availability must suit the needs of the business, which are subject to change. The General/ Store Manager determines availability needs and creates a schedule including morning, evening, and weekend shifts. All Employees are expected to be able to work from the week of Thanksgiving including “Black Friday” (the day after US Thanksgiving) and that weekend until the end of the holiday season, first week of January.
JUST SOME OF THE PERKS
- Generous employee discount for Bella+Canvas, Alo Yoga, and free membership to Alo Moves, with access to hundreds of streaming fitness and yoga classes with top instructors
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plan options, and enhanced additional benefits such as free virtual access to mental health providers and new parent support for employees and dependents (Full-Time Employees)
- 401K with company matching (Full-Time Employees)
- Monthly Store Incentives
- Clothing Allowance
- Free yoga classes at any of our Sanctuaries
The Company’s Associate base pay ranges from $17.00 - $19.00/ hour in New York, NY. Please also note, Associates are eligible to participate in the Company’s Monthly Store Incentive bonus program, which may result in bringing the total compensation to a higher range. Further, the range listed is just one component of the Company’s total rewards package for retail employees. Other rewards may include: clothing allowance, employee discount, 401K, competitive medical, dental, and vision plans, commuter benefits, Talkspace, and AloMoves.