Canada Tier 1 Locations: $191,000 CAD - $280,000 CAD
Canada Tier 2 Locations: $173,000 CAD - $253,000 CAD
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
As the Manager of the Firefox Mobile Browser Application Product Team, you will lead and oversee a team of skilled product managers focused on developing and enhancing our mobile browser application. This role is pivotal in driving the strategic direction, feature prioritization, and successful execution of our mobile browser product to meet the needs of our users and achieve business objectives. You will combine technical expertise with strong leadership skills to foster innovation, ensure product excellence, and maintain a competitive edge in the mobile browser market.
- Product Strategy and Vision:
- Develop and communicate a clear product vision and long-term strategy for the Firefox iOS and Android mobile browser application, aligning with the company's overall mission and goals.
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, and user feedback to identify market trends, customer needs, and opportunities for product improvement.
- Lead and mentor a team of product managers, providing guidance, support, and professional development opportunities to ensure high performance and job satisfaction.
- Set clear goals and KPIs for the team, monitor progress, and provide constructive feedback to help team members achieve their objectives.
User Experience and Design:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, UX design, User Research, and Data Science to define product requirements, prioritize features, and drive the product development lifecycle.
- Coordinate with development teams to ensure timely and high-quality delivery of product releases.
Performance Analysis and Optimization:
- Work closely with the design team to create intuitive, user-friendly, and visually appealing features and user experiences that adhere to industry best practices and enhance user satisfaction.
- Conduct usability testing and gather user feedback to identify areas for improvement and implement user-centric design enhancements.
- Utilize data analytics to monitor key performance metrics, user behavior, and app performance.
- Identify opportunities for optimization, new feature development, and improvements to enhance user engagement and retention.
Quality Assurance and Release Management:
- Collaborate with senior management, marketing, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment on product strategy, milestones, and updates.
- Present product plans, progress, and results to key stakeholders, addressing questions and concerns as needed.
Industry Trends and Innovation:
- Oversee the quality assurance process, ensuring rigorous testing and bug-fixing prior to product releases.
- Plan and coordinate app releases, including version updates and maintenance releases.
- Work with cross-functional teams to solve user-generated bugs and customer complaints.
- Stay informed about industry trends, mobile browser technologies, and competitor offerings.
- Apply insights from the industry landscape to drive product innovation and maintain a cutting-edge mobile browser application.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Proven experience (5+ years) in mobile app product management, bonus points if with mobile browser applications.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing product teams and driving successful outcomes.
- Deep understanding of mobile browser technologies, user experience principles, and mobile app development processes.
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to analyze metrics, draw insights, and make informed product decisions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively engage with stakeholders at various levels.
- Project management abilities with a track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
As the Manager of the Firefox Mobile Product Team, you will have a significant impact on shaping the future of our mobile browser apps and contributing to the success of our organization. If you are passionate about mobile technology, excel in leadership, and are motivated to deliver exceptional user experiences, we encourage you to join our dynamic team and help us create a world-class mobile browser application.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2258